In this section, you will find all statutory information pertaining to Governance at Our Lady of Victories Catholic Primary School. The Governing Body works in close co-operation with the Headteacher in taking general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards.
The statutory role of the Governing Body includes:
- Managing the school budget
- Making sure the curriculum is balanced and broad based
- Appointing the Headteacher and Deputy/Assistant Headteachers and determining how other appointments will be made and staff are managed
- Drawing up an annual action plan
Governors have an important role in maintaining the distinctive Christian ethos of the school through developing and maintaining links with St Simon Stock Catholic Church and Southwark Diocese.
The Governing Body normally meets four times a year as a whole group and in committees during the intervening times. The committees are responsible for:
- Resources, including pay and personnel
- Teaching and Learning
- Children, Families and Communities, including Admissions
The membership of Our Lady of Victories Governing Body includes clergy, parishioners, practising Catholics from Southwark Diocese, parents and staff. Many of them are in business, medical and legal professions, the arts, education and media. They share an interest in education and most importantly, a loyalty to OLV and a desire to see our school continue to flourish.
If you need to contact the governors, you can do so using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Governance Documents:
Register of Business Interest - work in progress